After over three decades of providing tens of thousands of people with millions of hours of in-home care, CDM Caregiving Services realized that there was more that we could do for the community – we already offer the best care in YOUR home — now we also offer the best care in OUR home.
The CDM Adult Day Services Center opened in 2008, and we lead the way in adult day services that provide respite for caregivers and meaningful activities for clients.
- Registered Nurse on staff during core hours allows us to expand the scope of care that we can provide, such as medication administration, blood pressure monitoring, and diabetic foot care, as well as communication with client medical provider to maximize health.
- Adult Day Health clients receive an individualized restorative exercise program by a licensed Physical Therapist, and our staff guide participants through this program to prevent falls, slow decline, and maximize health.
- Services such as Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Therapy Animals, and memory-boosting activities are included in the Adult Day Center curriculum, in order to reach different parts of the brain and stimulate clients in different ways.
- Socialization with others and being part of a “community” has proven to reduce depression and increase general health.
- Nutritious and varied meals are included.
- Free caregiver support groups are offered weekly.
- Care is available from 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday.
Creative Connections is an arts-based program which connects to clients with dementia and other functional limitations through visual, performance, musical, and other artistic endeavors.
Paths to Mindfulness is proactive approach to memory loss. This three-hour weekly class was designed by Judy Canter MSW, LCSW of Mindful, Inc., and helps participants build their brains through activities, memory training techniques, and camaraderie.
The Center is located at 2409 Broadway Street in Uptown Vancouver, one block south of Fourth Plain Boulevard. Hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday.
We provide services funded by Medicaid, Respite, the Family Caregiver Program, the Veteran’s Administration, and other publicly funded programs. We also accept most long-term care insurance, and have competitive private-pay rates with discounts available.